Friday, February 5, 2010

First Post!

This blog is for me to write about anything and everything I encounter while I walk through the professional world. My blog posts could be about anything from insight and stuff I learn to ideas for future ventures. I guess the best idea for my first blog post would be my background and where I’m currently at in my career.

A little background on me, I studied Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing while in college. I attended Marymount College for 2 years then transferred to Loyola Marymount University to finish out my last 2 years. While at Marymount I was able to really figure out what type of business I wanted to study. I decided to study marketing, which I felt geared towards my personality and me best.

In the late summer of 2006 I transferred to LMU. While at LMU I was lucky enough to study abroad in Bonn, Germany for a semester. Living in Germany not only allowed me to have a different perspective on other cultures, it really allowed me to understand business on a global scale. While in Germany I was able to tour and meet with many European companies such as DHL and government organizations such as the European Central Bank.

After graduating from LMU, I took a marketing position at my family business for a year. During that time I also co-founded a business called International Baseball Connect. The company started out with not much direction, but we shortly figured out what we wanted to do and IBC became a placement service for baseball players to play ball around the world.

In October of 2009 I took a full time marketing position with an Internet start up called Lunch.com. The founder of Virtual Tourist started Lunch after he sold VT to Expedia. I still currently work at Lunch.com as a Social Media Coordinator. I promote the website and do all that I can to bring on new users, build the brand, and ultimately work to turn Lunch.com into a top 100 website.

To finish off this blog post I want to talk about my plans for the future of my career. I have just finished submitting all my applications to law school. I want to attend law school to meet my goal of one day going into Athlete Representation. Yes, a Sports Agent. I’ve learned a lot about the industry and I realize it is probably one of the toughest industries out there. Yet that doesn’t scare me or make me think twice, but rather excites me and makes me eager to get out into the Athlete Representation world to show what I am capable of!

No comments:

Post a Comment